Charlottesville, VA service area
M-F 9 AM - 7 PM TEXT or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide home remodeling labor to homeowners in Charlottesville, VA. Service area is 10 mile radius around the UVA Rotunda (so neither Crozet nor Ruckersville). OPEN and gratefully booked til February 2021 so cant look at any new bath & tile projects til after then. We often use Zoom meetings for initial contactless-consults if possible for clients..
COVID-19 update Oct 12, 2020 : We care about your family's health. Email contact is best. We continue to follow best practices from Public Health Officials, Charlottesville Tomorrow, NBC29 and the CDC. We wash our hands, take our temperature, use sanitizer, physical distance, have checkups, eat healthy and never smoke. We monitor each other’s current health for any signs to immediately self-quarantine and consult our doctor.
While remodeling we minimize contact with hard surfaces, clean often, social-distancing including but not limited to no hand shakes, room-separations when possible. If symptoms arise to either us or you we will delay, reschedule til everyone is recovered and healthy.
We are skilled at ADAPTING our skills and are excited to CONTINUE our projects on-schedule, as normally as possible so we all survive this virus-storm together and healthy.
NEXT STEPS: I look forward to discussing your project ideas with you.
I understand your home may have been built before 1995 and needs updating, especially the bathrooms. You may not have the time nor skills to accomplish this yourself. It's time to start so email me to move your ideas forward. The consult is free and when you decide to proceed we will schedule an onsite appointment to get acquainted and look at your project, then I can provide a written accurate, complete estimate . I can explain the steps that will happen. You think it over and decide what you want done first and a written contract is signed. Then the transformation begins and I will problem-solve and adapt if any challenges arise and will beautifully finish your Charlottesville project. We prefer to work with HOMEOWNERS not potential homebuyers who are calculating remodeling and whether a home is worth purchasing.
About Mark: His work is backed by over 25 years of experience. He worked at a lumberyard, started working on his own house, then for friends, next he painted and managed residential rental properties, framed and built additions,built some houses, gutted and flipped a Belmont neighborhood house and some duplexes, remodeled kitchens and bathrooms, and remodels bathrooms direct for homeowners in Charlottesville, VA. Married to Beth since 1984 they moved to Cville in 1995 and Beth worked at UVA for 20 years. Mark is honest, detail-oriented, nonsmoking, kids and pets like him, thrifty and customer oriented. Mark is a licensed and insured residential contractor in Virginia that is always improving the quality of his services. Growing up in Northeast Ohio he used to tag along with his Architect Grandpa who did home remodeling and rental remodeling and restored antique furniture. Mom was an RN Supervisor in the Emergency Dept and Dad taught him accounting, gardening and repairing everything mechanical. Some say home remodeling is in Mark's DNA. Mark was a straight-A student, mathematically-gifted and graduated from Lorain Community College in Ohio. Although encouraged to go into accounting he loves working with his hands repairing and building things for people to enjoy.
8 Bathroom Questions to Research before you EMAIL us:
- Bathroom size -measure your entire room, take before pictures, is it adequate or do you want to enlarge it and which wall could be moved and how far? Sketch your floor plan with dimensions, door size opening, window, outlets, drains for shower, sink and toilet.
- Any problems with the bathroom functions or floor-plan? Any LEAKS or water damage? Plan for aging in place accessibility?
- Keep your bathtub? Re-glaze tub, replace, or remove it and create a shower?
- Your budget will limit your options. If you have time and will continue living there consider a home equity line of credit so you can SPLURGE on a few things you love. If you are preparing to sell you might simplify.
- Find pictures of bathrooms, vanities, showers, tile, flooring, backsplashes, faucets, shower head or sprayer, medicine cabinets, exhaust fans, custom shelving, water heater, etc that you like. Perhaps you long for a bathroom you saw in a hotel or at a friend's house. Price materials – with your measurements in hand shop Lowes, Home Depot, Ferguson, Tile and Flooring stores, and take pictures, get samples. Narrow down to decide what you like that is within the budget and will fit in your new bathroom.
- Faucet Fixtures, lights, towel bars, grab bars, mirror in brushed nickel or another finish, paint color samples, art, throw rugs?
- When you have those decisions clarified and narrowed we can talk about the labor we can provide to make it a reality.
- When planning your new bathroom consider the layout function and how many "wet walls" with plumbing and drains will be needed.
Clients like that Mark is efficient and has multiple skills to keep the project progressing rather than a client juggling several different unrelated workman schedules which leads to wasted time in a project. Mark knows how to sequence the pieces of a project to best fit together. Mark communicates thoughtfully with clients and cleans up after himself. Many clients have been pleased and invited him back to do additional projects over the years and refer him to their friends. Forms of payment: Check or ACH transfer. We are a small service business and don't process credit cards due to fees.
C-ville Neighborhoods where we often work: Lewis Mountain, Belmont, North Downtown, Fry's Spring, Greenbriar, Rugby Hills, Johnson Village, Village Place, Dunlora, Mosby Mountain, Four Seasons, The Meadows, MillCreek, Redfields, Willoughby, Pantops, Woodbrook, CarrsBrook, Still Meadow, Northfield, Hollymead, Forest Lakes South, etc
Mark volunteers his skills restoring Fry's Spring Beach Club and as Treasurer of The Charlottesville Swing Dance Society for ten years and collected food weekly for a homeless shelter and participated in Day of Caring Projects. He belonged to Bellair Farm CSA, The Sierra Club and The Buy Fresh - Buy Local supporters of local agriculture.
Note We had to remove our phone number due to so many unsolicited sales calls.
TEXT or Email Mark DeBow email@example.com to discuss your ideas.
Quality work, reasonably priced. Let me fix that for you in Charlottesville, VA.
My work is backed by over 25 years of experience.